Sunday 10 August 2014

Pinterest Fail #1

So my girlfriend and I decided we were going to do a little "Pinterest cooking project"! First, let me give you some background in saying the neither one of us is very domestic when it comes to these kinds of things.  In fact, the easier the better, especially when it comes to cooking...the only reason I have a kitchen is because it came with the house ;) Anyway my girlfriend is starting a new job this month and in an effort to be efficient and healthy, without sacrificing the ever so precious beauty rest that  a girl needs we decided that it would be a brilliant idea to make waffles so that we can have them quick in the morning ready to go, just pop those bad boys in the toaster and you're out the door.  Like you own homemade eggo, right? Sounds simple enough to me.  So we both order waffle makers. Perfect.  Those get here quick, so the hunt for the waffle recipe begins.  She finds a recipe, I find a recipe, they both seem easy enough this is going to be great.  So Wafflepalooza finally rolls around and we get all of our supplies, we've got the waffle makers out, we are ready to go.  My girlfriend and her husband and cranking out beautiful banana waffles and smell and taste pretty darn good.  Then there's mine...



Aren't they gorgeous?  Trust me they taste better than they look, a little ugly, but full of personality.  In all fairness I think the recipe could have been tweaked a little bit, which I now know for next time. The batter was a little on the thick side and not spreading very well, and I got a a whopping 4 waffles out of a double batch, which according to the recipe a single batch should have made 8.  The waffle in the bottom corner was the last one I made, and it was the "prettiest" by a long shot....however flip that beast over and it wasn't looking too hot. So there you have it folks.  My first Pinterest fail.  On the plus side, they can only get better from here!

-Lexi

PS--In case you want to try to make these waffles, and do a way better job than I did, here is the recipe which came from this blog, where she makes them look so much prettier!

PROTEIN WAFFLES
½ cup old fashioned oats
½ cup low fat cottage cheese
2 eggs
½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp cinnamon
Dash of salt {optional}
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend. Pour batter into a hot, non-stick sprayed waffle maker for a few minutes {until lightly browned}

No comments:

Post a Comment