Wednesday 9 May 2012

Quick Hello & Shellac Review

Hello my lovelies!For those of you who are still reading, I'm sorry I've been absent for SO long.  I have been super busy with school, work, etc. and I'm afraid it's about to get even more busy as me and the hubs prepare to move across the world again!Anyway I have SO much I want to blog about, so much I want to share with you!  So let me just jump right in with my first of many long overdue posts...

So I've been wanting to talk about Shellac for a long time now. I posted a while ago that I was IN LOVE with this product.  For any of you that don't know I am a certified nail technician, and I pretty much love most things nail--yes, yes, including those hideous "duck feet" or "stiletto" nails...to me it's art, and I love it all!  But anyway I digress!!  SO Shellac....CND introduced Shellac in 2009 and it has gained MASSIVE popularity!  So here's what it is for those of you that don't know; Shellac is a "power polish"  not to be confused with a gel polish.  Shellac causes no damage to the natural nail if properly applied and maintained.  It is a hybrid polish that is made up mostly of polish, but has a gel property in it that makes it last for up to 14 days with no chips or nicks--unless you do break a nail or something then that is inevitable!  Now although I do LOVE the product, it's not for everyone.  Especially those who don't want to follow the advice of the tech, or those who aren't willing to take care of it outside of the salon.   Although it doesn't require a ton of maintenance it does require that you apply solar oil, or a cuticle oil 2-3 times a day to keep the manicure and your nails underneath healthy and beautiful.  However like I said it's not for everyone.  Some people have nail beds that are too oily and don't keep the product on, and this is something that really just has to do with the chemistry in our body!  It's out of our control. Some people who are in and out of water ALL the time (i.e. swimmers, frequent sauna users, etc.) or those that constantly pick at their nails may not get a full 2 weeks of wear!! There are constantly new shades coming out and the layering possibilities for colors are endless. Some nails techs can even ad glitter to it for beautiful rockstar manicures. Overall I say give it a try; especially if you have a special event such as a vacation or a wedding coming up! I've never had anyone that got less than a week out of it and that is still pretty good considering that regular polish doesn't last a day on me!  If you love the look of a beautiful, natural manicure this product could be for you!

Here are some picture of my favorite shellac mani's!






Shellac Rockstar manicure in "Cream Puff" with Martha Stewart "sugar cube" white glitter.






Shellac Rockstar manicure in "Romantique" with Martha Stewart "cotton candy" glitter.






This is one of my clients 3 weeks after I applied her shellac! It's flawless aside from the grow out!! She is wearing the shellac shade "Tutti Fruitti" with a "Cream Puff" rockstar glitter accent nail.






Shellac manicure in "Hot Pop Pink" with hot pink glitter.






This is my personal favorite shellac shade "Wildfire"...sorry for the blurry picture!

Well that's all for now...There are a bunch of other things I want to talk about coming up including my battle with Acne, a review on an under eye concealer (by special request!) as well as a "favorites" review on things I'm really liking at the moment! So watch out for those...I'll try to fit them in somewhere between life, homework and the gym!

As always if there is anything you want to hear about please feel free to ask!

Until next time...
PeaceLove&Shellac

-Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment