Saturday 19 May 2012

Instant Age Rewind

Hello lovelies,

So a friend of mine asked me a few moons back to recommend a good under eye "something" that would help with the under eye circles.  Now I don't really get a lot of under eye issues going on, unless I'm SUPER tired.  But I do like my makeup to look nice and uniform and even.  Duh Lexi...don't we all?   So I have been using MAC Studio Sculpt concealer for a couple of years, and I do like it for covering blemishes.  However for underneath the eye I'm not a huge fan because it does tend to pull my mascara from my lashes, and by the end of the day I look like I have a black eye!  So I decided to try something else...I'd seen a one of my favorite makeup guru's TiffanyD recommend the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser.  So I decided to give it a try, and I must say that even after only wearing it a couple of times I am very impressed.


First off since it is a drug store product it's very affordable; which is a plus!  I think I paid less than $10 for mine, which will probably last me for quite some time since I don't wear makeup everyday. I have a very fair skin tone, and I bought this in the shade "light 120" and it works for me perfectly!  One thing I would suggest when looking for a concealer is to go one shade lighter than your skin tone, or if there isn't one, one that matches.  I must say that  my favorite thing about this product, along with covering any dark circles, is that it doesn't grab my mascara; so for under the eyes it's ideal--obviously since that's what it's for!  I like that I can literally wear this product all day and not look like a raccoon by the end of the day!  I also like that it stays in place so I'm not worried about it coming off, or reapplying.  The applicator on this is a soft puffy "ball" like brush which is great for around the eyes since the it very sensitive skin prone to wrinkles. This product also is great because it's formulated to reduce puffiness, and hide wrinkles! I will say as a precaution, that this particular concealer is recommended for under the eye use only.  It is not one that you would want to dab on your blemishes or anything like that.  For that I do recommend the MAC Studio Sculpt that I use, or any other brand that you find you like!   Overall I think this is a great find and I highly recommend giving it a try if you have issues with dark circles or any under eye puffiness that you might want to hide!

As always feel free to email me or leave comments down below if there is anything else you would like to hear about, want me to try, or just what you think if you have tried this product for yourself!

Until next time!

peacelove&prettyeyes

No comments:

Post a Comment