Saturday 27 September 2014

I saw a poster of Facebook awhile back that really resonated with me...

 

I have always been a rather passionate individual...whether you believe in zodiac stuff or not, I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm a full blooded Gemini! For awhile though, I think I lost that part of me, I can't pinpoint when, but I know that for some time I lost the fire that had always burned inside of me, something that I have always loved about myself. However over the past year and a string of personal events, my passion for life and everything in it, the good, the bad, and the ugly was reignited again and I'll tell you something, it felt good.  No, scratch that.  It feels amazing!  Never in my life have I felt more alive than I do now, and I love it;  I've missed it immensely.

I'm finding more joy in the things that make me feel alive.  Like listening to music for hours, and singing at the top of my lungs, and just enjoying time with myself.  Again, you've heard my say it before and it probably wont be the last time, but I feel like all of this is apart of this journey that is taking me to places I've never been and driving me to be the best version of myself.  Anyway, my love for writing is what brought me to my blog again, after more than a year of being away.  I wanted to be here again.  I wanted to share some of my thoughts with people that care, or someone who might find my thoughts encouraging.   I've always loved writing, and after years of writing papers that I had to write, I wanted to get back to writing about what I wanted to write about even it if was silly posts about Pinterest fails! I've also found myself going outside my comfort zone in more ways than one.  Exploring my style as an adult, getting back into singing (which is something I've loved since I was little), and just going out on a limb and standing up for myself, rocking my confidence and finding new loves like going to the gym and trying to find a balance between my busy life and being healthy.  I'm enjoying embracing everything about myself.  Even the flaws;  because lets face it, even those things should be embraced. They are yours, and honestly I think they make life interesting.  Own it.

Anyway, I find myself thinking about this simple poster over and over and over again this week. There  has to be a reason we become so invested and passionate in the things that we love, or the ones that we love. It's not just a random emotion or feeling, it truly is a calling.  One that I know inspires me. They inspire me to go after the things I want, to continue living life so passionately that it inspires others.  Be invested in the things you love, have no regrets and enjoy the journey...but most importantly don't ever loose yourself and if you do try like hell to re-ignite that fire.

-Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment